- Who We Are
- REALTOR® Member Services
REALTOR® Members, Scott Gingerich and Kami Johnson, Attend Legislative Days
Wednesday, February 15, 2023
On February 13, 2023, KBOR 2023 President Kami Johnson and KBOR Director Scott Gingerich attended the Indiana Association of REALTORS® (IAR) Delegation Days in Indianapolis.
The 2023 IAR legislative agenda focused on renewing Hoosiers’ confidence in homeownership as a dream and an achievable reality – lowering hurdles to the marketplace and raising the bar for its professionals.
The agenda continued to fall within the four cornerstones of policy advocacy for Indiana’s REALTORS®:
Support housing and economic development for thriving communities:
• Encourage residential development to address long-term housing inventory and affordability challenges, focusing on the infrastructure costs that accompany new housing.
• Support Hoosiers – particularly first-time and moderate income buyers – along the path to homeownership with targeted incentives, education and other assistance.
• Continue to champion economic development, quality of life and community redevelopment initiatives attracting new employment, investment and residents – future homeowners.
Protect taxpayers and private property rights:
• Avoid raising the burden on real estate transactions with new or increased taxes (e.g. expanding sales taxes to real estate services).
• Defend homeowners from unfair appraisals and obligations imposed by special districts pushed by unelected interests.
Enable good government:
• Preserve the integrity of Indiana’s constitutional tax caps and the accuracy of its local property assessment system.
• Examine legal, regulatory and procedural barriers that limit housing supply and impose excessive red tape on residential development.
Defend consumers and the REALTOR® bottom line:
• Maintain high standards for professional licensing and business oversight to preserve a fair and transparent housing market for consumers.
• Increase enforcement against unlicensed real estate and property management services to curb predatory practices that harm consumers.
• Promote a fair and affordable tax climate for homeowners and real estate businesses
KBOR is located in Region 2 which covers the counties of St. Joseph, Marshall, Elkhart, Kosciusko, Fulton, Cass, Wabash, Miami, Howard, Grant and Tipton.