- Who We Are
- REALTOR® Member Services
On February 13, 2023, KBOR 2023 President Kami Johnson and KBOR Director Scott Gingerich attended the Indiana Association of REALTORS® (IAR) Delegation Days in Indianapolis.
The 2023 IAR legislative agenda focused on renewing Hoosiers’ confidence in homeownership as a dream and an achievable reality – lowering hurdles to the marketplace and raising the bar for its professionals.
The agenda continued to fall within the four cornerstones of policy advocacy for Indiana’s REALTORS®:
Support housing and economic development for thriving communities:
• Encourage residential development to address long-term housing inventory and affordability challenges, focusing on the infrastructure costs that accompany new housing.
• Support Hoosiers – particularly first-time and moderate income buyers – along the path to homeownership with targeted incentives, education and other assistance.
• Continue to champion economic development, quality of life and community redevelopment initiatives attracting new employment, investment and residents – future homeowners.
Protect taxpayers and private property rights:
• Avoid raising the burden on real estate transactions with new or increased taxes (e.g. expanding sales taxes to real estate services).
• Defend homeowners from unfair appraisals and obligations imposed by special districts pushed by unelected interests.
Enable good government:
• Preserve the integrity of Indiana’s constitutional tax caps and the accuracy of its local property assessment system.
• Examine legal, regulatory and procedural barriers that limit housing supply and impose excessive red tape on residential development.
Defend consumers and the REALTOR® bottom line:
• Maintain high standards for professional licensing and business oversight to preserve a fair and transparent housing market for consumers.
• Increase enforcement against unlicensed real estate and property management services to curb predatory practices that harm consumers.
• Promote a fair and affordable tax climate for homeowners and real estate businesses
KBOR is located in Region 2 which covers the counties of St. Joseph, Marshall, Elkhart, Kosciusko, Fulton, Cass, Wabash, Miami, Howard, Grant and Tipton.