- 2023 Annual KBOR Scholarship
- Who We Are
- REALTOR® Member Services
License Renewal and Postlicensing
- If your license status is ACTIVE or UNASSIGNED, you must complete the required CE to renew the license.
- If your license status is INACTIVE or REFERRAL, you are not required to complete CE to renew the license.
- Licensees MUST complete 12 hours of continuing education each and every year (July 1 through June 30), and may not take all 36 hours in the same year.
- Extra hours completed during a CE year do not carry over. As in the past, the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency will conduct compliance audits and members will be required to submit proof of completion of these hours.
- All agents are responsible for holding on to their CE certificates themselves. During the renewal period in (2023) the Commission will conduct an audit. If an agent is audited they will need to provide proof of completion.
- Brokers with the Managing Broker designation (formerly called principal brokers), must ensure to include 4 hours of managing broker courses as are a part of their yearly 12 hour requirement.
- In other words, Managing Brokers also complete 12 hours, with at least 4 of those hours being managing broker specific courses.
- Brokers newly licensed (July 1, 2014 and after) must complete a specific 30 hour Post Licensing Course within 2 years of obtaining the license. See the Indiana Real Estate Commission’s Post Licensing Information Sheet for more information.
- Regardless, all brokers will renew their licenses and pay a renewal fee by June 30, 2020.
This chart will help determine your deadline for completing the postlicensing course. The chart will also help determine when your 12-hour annual CE requirement begins.
|License Issue Date||30 Hour Post-Licensing Course Requirement||Annual 12 Hour CE Requirement Due|
|July 1, 2019 - June 30, 2020||Within two years of license issue date||July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023|
|July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2021||Within two years of license issue date||July 1, 2023 - June 30, 2024|
|July 1, 2021 - June 30, 2022||Within two years of license issue date||July 1, 2024 - June 30, 2025|
|July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023||Within two years of license issue date||July 1, 2025 - June 30, 2026|
What if you do not complete the course on time?
On 12/13/17, the Indiana Real Estate Commission established the following fines:
- 1 – 30 days late = $250
- 31 days – 6 months late = $500
- Over 6 months late = $1,000